Strep throat is a common bacterial infection that can cause a range of symptoms, from a sore throat and fever to fatigue and body aches. But can strep cause back pain? The answer is yes, and in this blog post, we’ll explore the connection between strep and back pain, as well as how Nao Medical can help you get the care you need to feel better.
The Connection Between Strep and Back Pain
Strep throat is caused by the Streptococcus bacteria, which can also cause other infections in the body, such as pneumonia and sinusitis. When the bacteria infects the body, it triggers an immune response that can cause inflammation and pain in various parts of the body, including the back.
Back pain caused by strep is often felt in the lower back and can range from mild to severe. Other symptoms of strep infection may also be present, such as a sore throat, fever, and fatigue.
Seeking Treatment for Strep and Back Pain
If you suspect that you have strep throat and are experiencing back pain, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. At Nao Medical, we offer urgent care services that can help you get the care you need quickly and conveniently.
Our team of experienced healthcare providers can diagnose and treat strep throat and other infections, as well as provide relief for back pain caused by the infection. We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and a technologically driven approach that includes a comprehensive app and extensive after-hours virtual care.
FAQs About Strep and Back Pain
- Can strep throat cause back pain? Yes, strep throat can cause back pain, particularly in the lower back.
- What are the other symptoms of strep throat? Other symptoms of strep throat may include a sore throat, fever, fatigue, and body aches.
- How is strep throat treated? Strep throat is typically treated with antibiotics, which can help to clear the infection and relieve symptoms.
- What can I do to relieve back pain caused by strep? Rest, over-the-counter pain relievers, and hot or cold compresses can help to relieve back pain caused by strep. It’s also important to stay hydrated and get plenty of rest.
- When should I seek medical attention for strep and back pain? If you suspect that you have strep throat and are experiencing back pain, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible.
Strep throat can cause a range of symptoms, including back pain. If you’re experiencing back pain and suspect that you have strep throat, it’s important to seek medical attention as soon as possible. At Nao Medical, we offer convenient and comprehensive healthcare services that can help you get the care you need to feel better. Book an appointment today.
Disclaimer: Please note that Nao Medical participates in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. We earn a commission for purchases made through our links to Amazon.com, at no extra cost to you. These links help support our site. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc., or its affiliates. Always do your own research before making a purchase.