- Relief of ear pressure and pain: ETD can cause ear pressure, pain, and a feeling of fullness in the ears. The ear popper procedure can help alleviate these symptoms by opening up the eustachian tubes and allowing air to flow freely.
- Improved hearing: ETD can also cause temporary hearing loss or muffled hearing. By opening up the eustachian tubes, the ear popper procedure can improve hearing and reduce the risk of further hearing damage.
- Non-invasive procedure: The ear popper procedure is a non-invasive treatment that does not require surgery or medication. It is a safe and effective option for people with ETD.
- Quick and painless: The ear popper procedure is quick and painless. It typically takes less than five minutes to complete and does not require anesthesia
Overview of the ear popper procedure:
An ear popper is a device that can be used to treat symptoms of eustachian tube dysfunction (ETD). ETD is a condition in which the eustachian tubes, which connect the middle ear to the back of the throat, become blocked or do not function properly.
More information about the ear popper procedure:
- Preparing for the treatment: The patient is instructed to sit or lie down comfortably. The healthcare provider will insert a small tip into the patient's nostril, and the patient will be asked to hold the opposite nostril closed.
- Performing the treatment: The ear popper uses a gentle stream of air to equalize pressure in the middle ear. The device delivers a short burst of air through the nostril, which travels up to the middle ear and opens the Eustachian tube, allowing air to flow into the middle ear and equalize pressure.
- Repeat treatment: The treatment may be repeated several times on both ears until the desired pressure is achieved.
Is ear popping treatment painful?
No, ear popping treatment is a non-invasive and painless procedure.
How long does this procedure take?
The ear popping treatment takes only a few minutes to perform.
What are the side effects of ear popping treatment?
Ear popping treatment is generally safe and has no major side effects. Some people may experience mild discomfort or a popping sensation during the treatment