At Nao Medical, we understand that sexual health is an important part of overall wellness. That’s why we offer comprehensive STI testing services in Astoria, NY 11103, and accept Healthfirst insurance to make it more accessible to our patients.
Why Get Tested?
- Many STIs have no symptoms, so you may not even know you have one.
- Untreated STIs can lead to serious health problems, including infertility and certain types of cancer.
- Getting tested is the only way to know for sure if you have an STI.
What STIs Do We Test For?
At Nao Medical, we offer testing for a wide range of sexually transmitted infections, including:
- Hepatitis B and C
How Does Testing Work?
Our STI testing process is quick, easy, and confidential. We offer both urine and blood tests, depending on the infection being tested for. Same-day appointments are available, and our minimal wait times mean you can get in and out quickly.
What Happens If I Test Positive?
If your test results come back positive, our caring and compassionate staff will work with you to develop a treatment plan that meets your needs. We offer a range of treatment options, including medication and counseling, and will provide you with the support you need to get back to optimal health.
1. How often should I get tested for STIs?
We recommend getting tested at least once a year if you are sexually active, or more frequently if you have multiple partners or engage in high-risk behaviors.
2. Is STI testing covered by Healthfirst insurance?
Yes, STI testing is covered by Healthfirst insurance. We accept most major insurance plans, including Healthfirst, and offer affordable self-pay options for those without insurance.
3. Will my test results be confidential?
Yes, your test results will be kept confidential. We take patient privacy very seriously and adhere to all HIPAA regulations.
4. Do I need to fast before getting tested?
No, fasting is not necessary for STI testing.
5. How long will it take to get my test results?
Most test results are available within a few days. Our staff will contact you as soon as your results are ready.
Book Your Appointment Today
Don’t wait to take control of your sexual health. Book an appointment with Nao Medical today and get the peace of mind that comes with knowing your STI status.