Bed bugs are one of the most annoying pests that can invade your home. They’re notoriously difficult to get rid of and they can cause itching, redness, and swelling when they bite.
Bed bugs are small insects that can infest homes and other structures. They are about the size of an apple seed. So, it can be really hard to see them. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to prevent them from entering your home in the first place. Here are seven tips for preventing bed bugs from invading your home.
How to prevent bed bugs in your home
- Use protective covers that encase mattresses and box springs. Check it regularly for holes.
- Check second-hand furniture for any signs of bed bugs before bringing them home.
- Reduce clutter in your home so bed bugs have fewer places to hide.
- Regularly wash and heat-dry your bed sheets, blankets, bedspreads, and any clothing that touches the floor.
- Vacuum frequently to remove any successful bed bugs that escaped your regular inspection.
- When staying in hotels, put your suitcases on luggage racks instead of the floor. Check the mattress and headboard for signs of bed bugs.
- Unpack directly into your washing machine after a trip and check your luggage carefully.
Keeping these tips at heart should keep you safe from a bed bug infestation and make your home a more peaceful place.
Bed bug bites can cause allergic reactions that range from mild to severe, so it is important to seek treatment. Visit Nao Medical today for relief and to put your mind at ease.