Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover a Therapist? Find Out Here

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that provides coverage for seniors aged 65 and older, as well as those with certain disabilities. But does Medicare cover therapy services?

The answer is yes, Medicare does cover therapy services, including visits to a licensed therapist or psychologist. However, there are some important things to keep in mind when it comes to Medicare coverage for therapy.

What Therapy Services Does Medicare Cover?

  • Individual therapy sessions with a licensed therapist or psychologist
  • Group therapy sessions with a licensed therapist or psychologist
  • Family therapy sessions with a licensed therapist or psychologist
  • Occupational therapy
  • Speech-language pathology services

It’s important to note that Medicare only covers therapy services that are deemed medically necessary. This means that the therapy must be related to a mental health condition that has been diagnosed by a healthcare provider.

What Are the Costs of Therapy Services with Medicare?

Medicare Part B covers 80% of the cost of therapy services, leaving the patient responsible for the remaining 20%. However, if the patient has a Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy, this may cover some or all of the remaining costs.

It’s also important to note that there is a yearly deductible for Medicare Part B, which must be met before Medicare coverage kicks in. In 2021, the deductible is $203.

Why Choose Nao Medical for Therapy Services?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of mental health for seniors. That’s why we offer affordable and high-quality therapy services to our patients. Our licensed therapists and psychologists are experienced in treating a wide range of mental health conditions, including depression, anxiety, and PTSD.

We also offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and a technologically driven approach with a comprehensive app. Our clinic environments are stunning, and our staff is exceptional and empathetic. We also offer extensive after-hours virtual care, so you can get the care you need when you need it.

Conclusion

Medicare does cover therapy services, including visits to a licensed therapist or psychologist. However, it’s important to keep in mind that the therapy must be deemed medically necessary and related to a diagnosed mental health condition. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and high-quality therapy services to seniors in NYC. Contact us today to learn more and schedule an appointment.

FAQs

What is Medicare?

Medicare is a federal health insurance program that provides coverage for seniors aged 65 and older, as well as those with certain disabilities.

What therapy services does Medicare cover?

Medicare covers individual therapy sessions, group therapy sessions, family therapy sessions, occupational therapy, and speech-language pathology services.

What are the costs of therapy services with Medicare?

Medicare Part B covers 80% of the cost of therapy services, leaving the patient responsible for the remaining 20%. There is also a yearly deductible of $203 for Medicare Part B.

Why choose Nao Medical for therapy services?

Nao Medical offers affordable and high-quality therapy services to seniors in NYC. Our licensed therapists and psychologists are experienced in treating a wide range of mental health conditions, and we offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and a technologically driven approach with a comprehensive app.

Learn more about our therapy services here.Visit the CDC’s website for more information on mental health.

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao