Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Mental Health Counseling? Find Out Here

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Unfortunately, many seniors struggle with mental health issues, and Medicare coverage for mental health services can be confusing. In this blog post, we’ll answer the question: does Medicare cover mental health counseling?

What Mental Health Services Does Medicare Cover?

Medicare Part B covers mental health services, including:

  • Outpatient mental health services
  • Individual and group therapy
  • Psychiatric evaluation
  • Medication management

It’s important to note that Medicare only covers mental health services that are deemed medically necessary. This means that the services must be necessary to diagnose or treat a mental illness.

What Are the Costs of Mental Health Services with Medicare?

Medicare Part B covers 80% of the cost of mental health services. You’ll be responsible for the remaining 20%, which is known as the coinsurance. If you have a Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy, it may cover some or all of the coinsurance.

It’s also important to note that Medicare covers an initial preventive physical examination (IPPE) within the first 12 months of enrolling in Part B. This exam includes a depression screening, which can help identify any potential mental health issues.

How Can Nao Medical Help with Mental Health Services?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of affordable and quality mental health services. We offer a range of mental health services, including therapy, counseling, and medication management. Our team of mental health professionals is dedicated to providing compassionate care to our patients.

Our approach extends beyond focusing solely on the immediate mental health issues patients present. We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, exceptional and empathetic staff, stunning clinic environments, a technologically driven approach with a comprehensive app, and extensive after-hours virtual care.

If you’re struggling with mental health issues and are unsure about Medicare coverage, contact Nao Medical today. We can help you navigate the complex world of Medicare and provide you with the mental health services you need.

Conclusion

Medicare does cover mental health counseling, but only if it’s deemed medically necessary. You’ll be responsible for the coinsurance, which is 20% of the cost of the services. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and quality mental health services to our patients. Book an appointment today to get the care you need.

FAQs

1. What mental health services does Medicare cover?

Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, individual and group therapy, psychiatric evaluation, and medication management.

2. What is the coinsurance for mental health services with Medicare?

The coinsurance for mental health services with Medicare is 20% of the cost of the services.

3. Does Medicare cover depression screenings?

Yes, Medicare covers an initial preventive physical examination (IPPE) within the first 12 months of enrolling in Part B, which includes a depression screening.

Call to Action

Book an appointment with Nao Medical today to get affordable and quality mental health services in NYC. Visit our mental health services page to learn more.

Sources: https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/mental-health-care-outpatient, https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/depression-screening, https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/mental-health-care-inpatient, https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/mental-health-care-doctor-other-health-care-provider

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao