Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Mental Health Treatment? Find Out Here

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Unfortunately, many seniors struggle to access the mental health care they need due to financial constraints. If you’re a Medicare beneficiary, you may be wondering if your insurance covers mental health treatment. The answer is yes, but with some caveats.

What Mental Health Services Does Medicare Cover?

Medicare Part B covers a range of mental health services, including:

  • Outpatient therapy services
  • Psychiatric evaluations
  • Diagnostic tests
  • Medication management

It’s important to note that Medicare only covers mental health services that are deemed medically necessary. This means that the treatment must be related to a diagnosed mental health condition, such as depression, anxiety, or bipolar disorder.

What Are the Costs of Mental Health Treatment with Medicare?

Medicare Part B covers 80% of the cost of mental health services, leaving you responsible for the remaining 20%. However, if you have a Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy, it may cover some or all of your out-of-pocket costs.

It’s also worth noting that Medicare Part D covers prescription drugs, including those used to treat mental health conditions. However, not all drugs are covered, so it’s important to check your plan’s formulary to see if your medication is covered.

How Can Nao Medical Help with Your Mental Health Needs?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of affordable and quality mental health care. We offer a range of mental health services, including therapy, medication management, and psychiatric evaluations. Our team of compassionate and experienced mental health professionals is dedicated to helping you achieve optimal mental health.

Our services are designed to be accessible and affordable, with same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and a comprehensive app for virtual care. We also offer after-hours virtual care for your convenience.

If you’re a Medicare beneficiary in need of mental health care, Nao Medical is here to help. Book an appointment today to start your journey towards optimal mental health.

Conclusion

Medicare does cover mental health treatment, but it’s important to understand the limitations and costs. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and quality mental health services to help you achieve optimal mental health. Book an appointment today to start your journey towards better mental health.

FAQs

Does Medicare cover therapy?

Yes, Medicare Part B covers outpatient therapy services for mental health conditions.

Does Medicare cover medication for mental health?

Yes, Medicare Part D covers prescription drugs, including those used to treat mental health conditions. However, not all drugs are covered, so it’s important to check your plan’s formulary to see if your medication is covered.

Does Medicare cover inpatient mental health treatment?

Yes, Medicare Part A covers inpatient mental health treatment in a psychiatric hospital. However, there are limitations on the number of days covered and the amount of your copayment.

Does Medicare cover telehealth for mental health?

Yes, Medicare covers telehealth services for mental health, including therapy and medication management. This includes virtual visits with mental health professionals.

Call to Action

Don’t let financial constraints prevent you from accessing the mental health care you need. Book an appointment with Nao Medical today to start your journey towards optimal mental health.

Learn more about our mental health services here.

Sources:

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao