Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychiatrists? Find Out Here

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers many medical services, including mental health services. But does Medicare cover psychiatrists? The answer is yes, but with some limitations.

What Does Medicare Cover for Psychiatrists?

Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including visits to psychiatrists and other mental health professionals. This includes:

  • Diagnostic assessments
  • Individual and group therapy sessions
  • Medication management
  • Family counseling, if it’s part of your treatment

However, Medicare only covers 80% of the cost of these services, leaving you responsible for the remaining 20%. Additionally, you must meet your Part B deductible before Medicare will start covering your mental health services.

What About Inpatient Mental Health Services?

If you need inpatient mental health services, Medicare Part A covers up to 190 days in a psychiatric hospital during your lifetime. However, you will still be responsible for a portion of the cost, including a daily coinsurance amount after the first 60 days of your stay.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of affordable and quality mental health services. Our team of psychiatrists and mental health professionals are here to help you with your mental health concerns. We accept Medicare and offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and exceptional and empathetic staff. Our stunning clinic environments and technologically driven approach with a comprehensive app make it easy to access our services. We also offer extensive after-hours virtual care to ensure you get the care you need when you need it.

Book an Appointment Today

If you’re looking for affordable and quality mental health services in NYC, look no further than Nao Medical. Book an appointment today and take the first step towards better mental health.

FAQs

Does Medicare cover all mental health services?

No, Medicare only covers certain mental health services, including visits to psychiatrists and other mental health professionals, diagnostic assessments, individual and group therapy sessions, medication management, and family counseling if it’s part of your treatment.

What is the cost of Medicare mental health services?

Medicare covers 80% of the cost of outpatient mental health services, leaving you responsible for the remaining 20%. Additionally, you must meet your Part B deductible before Medicare will start covering your mental health services.

Does Nao Medical accept Medicare?

Yes, Nao Medical accepts Medicare and offers affordable and quality mental health services in NYC.

Key Takeaways

  • Medicare covers outpatient mental health services, including visits to psychiatrists and other mental health professionals.
  • Medicare only covers 80% of the cost of these services, leaving you responsible for the remaining 20%.
  • Nao Medical accepts Medicare and offers affordable and quality mental health services in NYC.

Call to Action: Book an appointment with Nao Medical today to get affordable and quality mental health services in NYC. Click here to learn more.

Sources:

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao