Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychiatry? Understanding Mental Health Coverage

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Medicare recognizes this and provides coverage for mental health services, including psychiatry. At Nao Medical in NYC, we offer exceptional mental health care with same-day appointments and empathetic staff.

What Mental Health Services Does Medicare Cover?

Medicare covers a range of mental health services, including:

  • Outpatient therapy services
  • Psychiatric evaluation and diagnostic tests
  • Medication management
  • Inpatient mental health care in a psychiatric hospital
  • Partial hospitalization programs

It’s important to note that Medicare only covers services that are deemed medically necessary. This means that the services must be related to a mental health condition that is diagnosed by a qualified mental health professional.

What Are the Costs of Mental Health Services with Medicare?

Medicare covers 80% of the cost of mental health services, leaving the remaining 20% to be paid by the patient. However, if the patient has a Medigap policy, this may cover some or all of the remaining costs.

It’s also important to note that Medicare has an annual deductible that must be met before coverage begins. In 2021, the deductible for Medicare Part B is $203.

How Can Nao Medical Help with Mental Health Services?

At Nao Medical, we offer a range of mental health services, including therapy, psychiatry, and medication management. Our approach is patient-centered, meaning we focus on the individual’s unique needs and concerns. We offer same-day appointments and minimal wait times, so you can get the care you need when you need it.

Our empathetic staff and stunning clinic environments provide a comfortable and welcoming space for patients to receive care. We also offer a comprehensive app and extensive after-hours virtual care to ensure that our patients have access to care whenever they need it.

Conclusion

Medicare covers a range of mental health services, including psychiatry, for those who need it. At Nao Medical in NYC, we offer exceptional mental health care with same-day appointments and empathetic staff. If you or a loved one needs mental health services, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Key Takeaways:

  • Medicare covers mental health services, including psychiatry, that are deemed medically necessary
  • Medicare covers 80% of the cost of mental health services, leaving the remaining 20% to be paid by the patient
  • Nao Medical offers a range of mental health services with same-day appointments and empathetic staff

Call us at 123-456-7890 or visit our mental health services page to learn more.

Sources: https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/mental-health-care-outpatient, https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/inpatient-mental-health-care

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao