Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychologists? Find Out Here

As we age, our mental health becomes increasingly important. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers many medical services, but does it cover psychologists? The answer is yes, but with some limitations.

What Does Medicare Cover for Psychologists?

  • Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including visits with a psychologist or other mental health professional.
  • Medicare covers 80% of the cost of these services, and you are responsible for the remaining 20%.
  • Medicare covers up to 80% of the cost of diagnostic psychological testing.

What Are the Limitations?

While Medicare covers some mental health services, there are some limitations to keep in mind:

  • Medicare only covers services that are deemed medically necessary.
  • Medicare does not cover couples therapy or group therapy.
  • Medicare does not cover services provided by a clinical social worker or counselor.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of mental health and offer a range of mental health services, including therapy and counseling. Our empathetic staff and stunning clinic environments provide a comfortable and welcoming space for patients to receive the care they need. We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and a comprehensive app for easy scheduling and virtual care. If you have questions about Medicare coverage for mental health services, our team can assist you in navigating the process.

Conclusion

Medicare does cover psychologists, but with some limitations. At Nao Medical, we offer a range of mental health services and can assist you in navigating the Medicare process. Don’t let mental health concerns go untreated – schedule an appointment with us today.

FAQs

What is Medicare?

Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers many medical services for individuals over the age of 65 or with certain disabilities.

What mental health services does Medicare cover?

Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including visits with a psychologist or other mental health professional.

What are the limitations of Medicare coverage for mental health services?

Medicare only covers services that are deemed medically necessary and does not cover couples therapy or group therapy. Medicare also does not cover services provided by a clinical social worker or counselor.

Call to Action

Don’t let mental health concerns go untreated. Schedule an appointment with Nao Medical today to receive the care you need.

Learn more about our mental health services here.

Sources: https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/mental-health-care-outpatient, https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/mental-health-care-inpatient, https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/clinical-psychologist, https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/psychological-tests

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao