Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychologist Visits? Find Out Here

Does Medicare Cover Psychologist Visits? Find Out Here

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers many medical services, but does it cover visits to a psychologist?

The answer is yes, Medicare does cover visits to a psychologist, but there are some important details to keep in mind.

What Does Medicare Cover?

Medicare Part B covers mental health services, including visits to a psychologist or other mental health professional. This coverage includes:

  • Diagnostic assessments
  • Individual and group therapy sessions
  • Family counseling (if the main purpose is to help with your treatment)
  • Medication management

It’s important to note that Medicare only covers mental health services that are deemed medically necessary. This means that the services must be needed to diagnose or treat a mental health condition.

What Are the Costs?

Medicare covers 80% of the cost of mental health services, leaving you responsible for the remaining 20%. If you have a Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy, it may cover some or all of the remaining costs.

It’s also important to note that Medicare only covers services provided by a psychologist or other mental health professional who accepts Medicare assignment. This means that the provider agrees to accept the Medicare-approved amount as full payment for services.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of affordable mental health services. We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and exceptional and empathetic staff to ensure that you receive the care you need when you need it. Our stunning clinic environments and technologically driven approach with a comprehensive app make it easy to access our services.

If you’re looking for affordable mental health services in NYC, look no further than Nao Medical. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or learn more about our services.

Key Takeaways

  • Medicare covers visits to a psychologist or other mental health professional.
  • Medicare only covers services that are deemed medically necessary.
  • Medicare covers 80% of the cost of mental health services.
  • Nao Medical offers affordable mental health services with same-day appointments and minimal wait times.

Call to Action: Contact Nao Medical today to schedule an appointment or learn more about our affordable mental health services in NYC. Click here to learn more.

Sources:

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao