Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychology? Understanding Mental Health Coverage for Seniors in NY

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Unfortunately, many seniors in NY struggle to access affordable and quality mental health services. This is where Medicare comes in. But does Medicare cover psychology?

The answer is yes, Medicare does cover psychology services for seniors in NY. However, there are some important things to keep in mind.

What Mental Health Services Does Medicare Cover?

Medicare covers a range of mental health services, including:

  • Outpatient mental health services
  • Inpatient mental health services
  • Partial hospitalization programs
  • Psychologist services
  • Clinical social worker services
  • Psychiatric nurse practitioner services
  • Annual depression screening

It’s important to note that Medicare only covers services that are deemed medically necessary. This means that the services must be needed to diagnose or treat a mental health condition.

What Are the Costs of Mental Health Services with Medicare?

The costs of mental health services with Medicare can vary depending on the type of service and the provider. Here’s a breakdown of the costs:

  • Outpatient mental health services: 20% of the Medicare-approved amount
  • Inpatient mental health services: $1,484 deductible for each benefit period, then $0 for days 1-60; $371 per day for days 61-90; $742 per day for days 91 and beyond (lifetime reserve days)
  • Partial hospitalization programs: 20% of the Medicare-approved amount
  • Psychologist services: 20% of the Medicare-approved amount
  • Clinical social worker services: 20% of the Medicare-approved amount
  • Psychiatric nurse practitioner services: 20% of the Medicare-approved amount
  • Annual depression screening: $0

It’s important to note that some Medicare Advantage plans may offer additional mental health benefits with different costs.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of affordable and quality mental health services for seniors in NY. That’s why we offer a range of mental health services, including therapy and psychology, at an affordable cost. Our compassionate and experienced staff are dedicated to providing personalized care to each patient.

If you or a loved one is struggling with mental health issues, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and extensive after-hours virtual care. Visit our therapy and psychology page to learn more.

Conclusion

Medicare does cover psychology services for seniors in NY, but it’s important to understand the costs and limitations. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and quality mental health services for seniors in NY. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us for personalized care.

FAQs

What mental health services does Medicare cover?

Medicare covers a range of mental health services, including outpatient and inpatient services, partial hospitalization programs, psychologist services, clinical social worker services, and psychiatric nurse practitioner services.

What are the costs of mental health services with Medicare?

The costs of mental health services with Medicare can vary depending on the type of service and the provider. Generally, Medicare covers 80% of the Medicare-approved amount, and the patient is responsible for the remaining 20%. Some Medicare Advantage plans may offer additional benefits with different costs.

Does Nao Medical offer mental health services for seniors?

Yes, Nao Medical offers a range of mental health services, including therapy and psychology, for seniors in NY. Visit our therapy and psychology page to learn more.

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao