Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Therapy Services? Everything You Need to Know

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers a wide range of medical services, including mental health services. But does Medicare cover therapy services? The answer is yes, but there are some important things to keep in mind.

What Therapy Services Does Medicare Cover?

Medicare covers a variety of therapy services, including:

  • Individual and group therapy sessions
  • Family counseling, if it’s part of your treatment
  • Occupational therapy
  • Physical therapy
  • Speech-language pathology services

It’s important to note that Medicare only covers therapy services that are deemed medically necessary. This means that your therapist must provide a diagnosis and treatment plan that Medicare approves of.

What Are the Costs of Therapy Services with Medicare?

Medicare covers 80% of the cost of therapy services, and you’re responsible for the remaining 20%. If you have a Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy, it may cover some or all of the remaining costs.

It’s also important to note that Medicare has an annual deductible that you must meet before your coverage kicks in. In 2021, the Medicare Part B deductible is $203.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of affordable and high-quality mental health services. We offer therapy services that are covered by Medicare, and we also offer a sliding fee scale for those who may not have insurance or who need additional financial assistance.

Our team of licensed therapists and psychologists are dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care to our patients. We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and a comprehensive app that allows you to access our services from the comfort of your own home.

If you’re interested in learning more about our therapy services or booking an appointment, visit our therapy services page today.

Conclusion

Medicare does cover therapy services, but it’s important to understand what services are covered and what costs you may be responsible for. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and high-quality therapy services that are covered by Medicare. Book an appointment today and take the first step towards better mental health.

FAQs

What is Medicare?

Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers a wide range of medical services, including mental health services.

What therapy services does Medicare cover?

Medicare covers individual and group therapy sessions, family counseling, occupational therapy, physical therapy, and speech-language pathology services.

What are the costs of therapy services with Medicare?

Medicare covers 80% of the cost of therapy services, and you’re responsible for the remaining 20%. If you have a Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy, it may cover some or all of the remaining costs.

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao