Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Therapy Sessions? Everything You Need to Know

As we age, our mental health becomes increasingly important. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers many medical services, including mental health care. But does Medicare cover therapy sessions? The answer is yes, but with some caveats.

What Does Medicare Cover?

Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including therapy sessions with licensed mental health professionals. This includes individual and group therapy sessions, as well as family counseling in some cases. Medicare also covers annual depression screenings.

What Are the Limitations?

While Medicare covers therapy sessions, there are some limitations to be aware of. Medicare only covers therapy sessions that are deemed medically necessary, meaning they must be related to a diagnosed mental health condition. Additionally, Medicare only covers 80% of the cost of therapy sessions, leaving the patient responsible for the remaining 20%. This can add up quickly, especially for those who require frequent therapy sessions.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of affordable and high-quality mental health care. Our team of licensed therapists and psychologists offer therapy sessions that are covered by Medicare, as well as a variety of other insurance plans. We also offer a sliding fee scale for those who do not have insurance or who require financial assistance. Our goal is to make mental health care accessible to everyone.

Conclusion

If you or a loved one is in need of therapy sessions, it’s important to understand what Medicare covers and what the limitations are. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and high-quality mental health services that are covered by Medicare and other insurance plans. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and take the first step towards better mental health.

FAQs

Does Medicare cover all therapy sessions?

No, Medicare only covers therapy sessions that are deemed medically necessary.

What is the cost of therapy sessions with Medicare?

Medicare covers 80% of the cost of therapy sessions, leaving the patient responsible for the remaining 20%.

Does Nao Medical offer financial assistance for therapy sessions?

Yes, we offer a sliding fee scale for those who do not have insurance or who require financial assistance.

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao