Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Medicare and Therapy: Know Your Mental Health Coverage Options

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Medicare recognizes this and offers coverage for mental health services, including therapy. However, navigating the Medicare system can be confusing, and many people are unsure of what is covered and what is not.

What Mental Health Services Does Medicare Cover?

Medicare covers a range of mental health services, including:

  • Outpatient therapy services
  • Inpatient psychiatric hospitalization
  • Partial hospitalization programs
  • Diagnostic tests
  • Medication management

It’s important to note that Medicare only covers services that are deemed medically necessary. This means that you must have a mental health condition that requires treatment in order for Medicare to cover the cost.

What Types of Therapy Does Medicare Cover?

Medicare covers a range of therapy services, including:

  • Individual therapy
  • Group therapy
  • Family therapy
  • Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
  • Psychodynamic therapy

It’s important to note that Medicare only covers therapy services that are provided by a licensed mental health professional who accepts Medicare. This includes licensed clinical social workers, psychologists, and psychiatrists.

How Much Does Therapy Cost with Medicare?

The cost of therapy with Medicare varies depending on the type of therapy and the provider you choose. In general, Medicare covers 80% of the cost of therapy, and you are responsible for the remaining 20%. However, if you have a Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy, it may cover some or all of the remaining cost.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand that navigating the Medicare system can be confusing, especially when it comes to mental health services. That’s why we offer affordable and high-quality mental health care services that are designed to meet your unique needs. Our team of licensed mental health professionals accepts Medicare and can help you understand your coverage and find the right treatment for your mental health condition.

If you’re looking for mental health services in NYC, look no further than Nao Medical. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and take the first step towards better mental health.

Frequently Asked Questions

Does Medicare cover all types of therapy?

No, Medicare only covers therapy services that are deemed medically necessary and provided by a licensed mental health professional who accepts Medicare.

What is the cost of therapy with Medicare?

The cost of therapy with Medicare varies depending on the type of therapy and the provider you choose. In general, Medicare covers 80% of the cost of therapy, and you are responsible for the remaining 20%. However, if you have a Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy, it may cover some or all of the remaining cost.

Does Nao Medical accept Medicare?

Yes, Nao Medical accepts Medicare and offers affordable and high-quality mental health care services in NYC.

Conclusion

Medicare covers a range of mental health services, including therapy. However, navigating the Medicare system can be confusing, and many people are unsure of what is covered and what is not. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and high-quality mental health care services that are designed to meet your unique needs. Our team of licensed mental health professionals accepts Medicare and can help you understand your coverage and find the right treatment for your mental health condition. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and take the first step towards better mental health.

Learn more about our mental health servicesVisit the CDC’s website for more information on mental health

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao