Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Therapy? Understanding Your Mental Health Benefits

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Medicare recognizes this and offers coverage for mental health services, including therapy. However, navigating Medicare coverage can be confusing, so we’re here to help you understand your benefits.

What Mental Health Services Does Medicare Cover?

Medicare covers a range of mental health services, including:

  • Outpatient therapy services
  • Partial hospitalization programs
  • Inpatient psychiatric hospitalization
  • Screening for depression and other mental health conditions
  • Annual depression screening

It’s important to note that Medicare only covers services that are deemed medically necessary. This means that your therapist or mental health provider must determine that the services are necessary for the treatment of a diagnosed mental health condition.

What Are My Out-Of-Pocket Costs?

Medicare covers 80% of the cost of mental health services, leaving you responsible for the remaining 20%. However, if you have a Medicare Supplement plan, it may cover some or all of your out-of-pocket costs.

At Nao Medical, we understand that mental health care can be expensive, which is why we offer affordable and high-quality mental health services. Our therapists and psychologists are experienced in treating a range of mental health conditions, including anxiety, depression, and PTSD.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we offer a range of mental health services, including therapy and counseling. Our therapists and psychologists are experienced in treating a range of mental health conditions, including anxiety, depression, and PTSD. We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and a technologically driven approach with a comprehensive app.

If you’re struggling with your mental health, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’re here to help you get the care you need.

Conclusion

Medicare covers a range of mental health services, including therapy. However, navigating Medicare coverage can be confusing, which is why it’s important to understand your benefits. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and high-quality mental health services in NYC. If you’re struggling with your mental health, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’re here to help.

FAQs

Does Medicare cover therapy?

Yes, Medicare covers therapy services that are deemed medically necessary for the treatment of a diagnosed mental health condition.

What are my out-of-pocket costs for mental health services?

Medicare covers 80% of the cost of mental health services, leaving you responsible for the remaining 20%. However, if you have a Medicare Supplement plan, it may cover some or all of your out-of-pocket costs.

What mental health services does Medicare cover?

Medicare covers a range of mental health services, including outpatient therapy services, partial hospitalization programs, inpatient psychiatric hospitalization, screening for depression and other mental health conditions, and annual depression screening.

How can Nao Medical help with my mental health?

At Nao Medical, we offer a range of mental health services, including therapy and counseling. Our therapists and psychologists are experienced in treating a range of mental health conditions, including anxiety, depression, and PTSD. We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and a technologically driven approach with a comprehensive app.

Learn more about our mental health services

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao