Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Therapy Visits? Everything You Need to Know

As we age, our mental health becomes increasingly important. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers many medical services, including mental health care. But does Medicare cover therapy visits? The answer is yes, but with some caveats.

What Does Medicare Cover?

Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including therapy visits with licensed mental health professionals. This includes individual and group therapy sessions, as well as family counseling in some cases. Medicare also covers annual depression screenings.

What Are the Limitations?

While Medicare covers therapy visits, there are some limitations to be aware of. Medicare only covers visits with licensed mental health professionals who accept Medicare assignment. This means that the provider agrees to accept the Medicare-approved amount as full payment for their services. If the provider does not accept Medicare assignment, they can charge up to 15% more than the Medicare-approved amount.

Additionally, Medicare only covers a certain number of therapy visits per year. The exact number varies depending on the type of therapy and the condition being treated. For example, Medicare covers up to 80% of the cost of individual therapy sessions, but only after you have met your Part B deductible. You will be responsible for the remaining 20% of the cost.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of affordable and high-quality mental health services. Our licensed therapists and psychologists accept Medicare assignment, so you can be sure that you are getting the most out of your coverage. We offer individual and group therapy sessions, as well as family counseling, to help you achieve your mental health goals.

Our approach extends beyond focusing solely on the immediate health issues patients present. We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, exceptional and empathetic staff, stunning clinic environments, a technologically driven approach with a comprehensive app, and extensive after-hours virtual care. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and take the first step towards better mental health.

Conclusion

Medicare does cover therapy visits, but with some limitations. It’s important to find a licensed mental health professional who accepts Medicare assignment to ensure that you are getting the most out of your coverage. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and high-quality mental health services that are covered by Medicare. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and take the first step towards better mental health.

FAQs

  • What mental health services does Medicare cover? Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including therapy visits with licensed mental health professionals, annual depression screenings, and some family counseling.
  • How many therapy visits does Medicare cover? The exact number of therapy visits covered by Medicare varies depending on the type of therapy and the condition being treated. Medicare covers up to 80% of the cost of individual therapy sessions, but only after you have met your Part B deductible.
  • Does Nao Medical accept Medicare? Yes, our licensed therapists and psychologists accept Medicare assignment, so you can be sure that you are getting the most out of your coverage.
Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao