Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Outpatient Mental Health Services in NY? Find Out Now

Medicare is a federal health insurance program that provides coverage for people aged 65 and above, as well as those with certain disabilities. It is essential to know what services are covered by Medicare, especially when it comes to mental health services.

At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and quality mental health services to our patients. We understand that mental health is just as important as physical health, and we are committed to providing our patients with the best care possible.

Does Medicare Cover Outpatient Mental Health Services?

Yes, Medicare covers outpatient mental health services. This includes services such as therapy and counseling sessions with licensed mental health professionals. However, there are some limitations to the coverage.

Medicare covers up to 80% of the cost of outpatient mental health services. The remaining 20% is the patient’s responsibility. Patients may also be required to pay a deductible before Medicare coverage kicks in.

What Outpatient Mental Health Services are Covered by Medicare?

Medicare covers a wide range of outpatient mental health services, including:

  • Individual and group therapy sessions
  • Psychiatric evaluations
  • Diagnostic tests
  • Medication management
  • Partial hospitalization programs
  • Intensive outpatient programs

It is important to note that Medicare does not cover all mental health services. For example, it does not cover marriage counseling or long-term care in a mental health facility.

How to Get Medicare Coverage for Outpatient Mental Health Services

To get Medicare coverage for outpatient mental health services, patients must have a referral from their primary care physician. Patients must also receive services from a licensed mental health professional who accepts Medicare.

At Nao Medical, we accept Medicare and offer a range of mental health services to our patients. Our team of licensed mental health professionals is committed to providing our patients with the best care possible.

Book an Appointment Today

If you or a loved one needs mental health services, don’t hesitate to book an appointment with Nao Medical. We offer affordable and quality mental health services to our patients. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Medicare?

Medicare is a federal health insurance program that provides coverage for people aged 65 and above, as well as those with certain disabilities.

What outpatient mental health services are covered by Medicare?

Medicare covers a wide range of outpatient mental health services, including individual and group therapy sessions, psychiatric evaluations, diagnostic tests, medication management, partial hospitalization programs, and intensive outpatient programs.

How do I get Medicare coverage for outpatient mental health services?

To get Medicare coverage for outpatient mental health services, patients must have a referral from their primary care physician. Patients must also receive services from a licensed mental health professional who accepts Medicare.

Conclusion

Medicare covers outpatient mental health services, including therapy and counseling sessions with licensed mental health professionals. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and quality mental health services to our patients. Book an appointment today to receive the best care possible.

Learn more about our mental health services

Sources: https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/outpatient-mental-health-care, https://www.cms.gov/Medicare-Medicaid-Coordination/Medicare-and-Medicaid-Coordination/Medicare-Medicaid-Coordination-Office/Downloads/Medicare-Mental-Health-Coverage-2018.pdf

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao