Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychiatric Care in NY? Find Out Here

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers a wide range of medical services, including psychiatric care. But does Medicare cover psychiatric care in NY? The answer is yes, but with some limitations.

What Does Medicare Cover for Psychiatric Care?

Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including:

  • Diagnostic assessments
  • Individual and group therapy sessions
  • Family counseling (if the main purpose is to help with your treatment)
  • Medication management

Medicare Part A covers inpatient mental health care in a psychiatric hospital. However, there are limitations on the number of days covered and the amount of out-of-pocket costs.

What Are the Limitations?

Medicare covers 80% of the approved amount for outpatient mental health services, and you are responsible for the remaining 20%. You will also need to pay the Part B deductible before Medicare starts covering your mental health services.

For inpatient mental health care, Medicare covers up to 190 days in a psychiatric hospital during your lifetime. However, you will need to pay a daily coinsurance amount after the first 60 days.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of mental health and offer a range of mental health services, including therapy and medication management. We accept Medicare and can assist you with navigating the coverage limitations. Our same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and exceptional staff make it easy to get the care you need when you need it.

If you have any questions about Medicare coverage for psychiatric care or would like to schedule an appointment with one of our mental health professionals, please visit our mental health services page or call us at (123) 456-7890.

Key Takeaways

  • Medicare covers outpatient and inpatient mental health services, but with limitations.
  • Outpatient mental health services are covered under Medicare Part B, while inpatient mental health care is covered under Medicare Part A.
  • Nao Medical offers a range of mental health services and accepts Medicare.

Call to Action

If you or a loved one is in need of mental health services, don’t hesitate to reach out to Nao Medical. Our exceptional staff and comprehensive approach to mental health care make us the top choice for psychiatric care in NY. Visit our mental health services page to learn more and schedule an appointment today.

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao