Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychologist Visits in NY? Everything You Need to Know

As we age, our mental health becomes increasingly important. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers many medical services, including mental health care. But does Medicare cover psychologist visits in NY? The answer is yes, but with some limitations.

What Does Medicare Cover for Psychologist Visits?

Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including visits with a psychologist or other mental health professional. This coverage includes:

  • Diagnostic assessments
  • Individual and group therapy sessions
  • Family counseling (if the main purpose is to help with your treatment)
  • Medication management

However, there are some limitations to Medicare coverage for psychologist visits. For example, Medicare only covers 80% of the cost of outpatient mental health services, leaving you responsible for the remaining 20%. Additionally, Medicare only covers services that are considered medically necessary, meaning they must be related to the diagnosis and treatment of a mental health condition.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of mental health care and strive to make it accessible to everyone. We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and exceptional staff to ensure you receive the care you need when you need it. Our team of mental health professionals includes psychologists, therapists, and psychiatrists who specialize in a range of mental health conditions, including anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and more.

In addition to in-person visits, we also offer virtual care through our comprehensive app, allowing you to receive care from the comfort of your own home. Our app includes features such as video visits, secure messaging with your provider, and medication management tools.

FAQs

What is the cost of a psychologist visit at Nao Medical?

The cost of a psychologist visit at Nao Medical varies depending on your insurance coverage and the specific services you receive. We accept most major insurance plans, including Medicare. Please contact us for more information about our pricing and insurance options.

Do I need a referral to see a psychologist at Nao Medical?

No, you do not need a referral to see a psychologist at Nao Medical. We offer direct access to our mental health professionals, allowing you to receive the care you need without unnecessary delays.

Conclusion

Medicare does cover psychologist visits in NY, but with some limitations. At Nao Medical, we offer a range of mental health services, including visits with psychologists and other mental health professionals. Our approach is focused on providing exceptional care that is accessible, affordable, and convenient. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and take the first step towards better mental health.

Call to action: Schedule an appointment with one of our mental health professionals today.

Links: Nao Medical Psychologist and Therapist Services, CDC Mental Health Resources

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao