Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Therapists? Understanding Mental Health Coverage for Seniors in NYC

As we age, our mental health becomes increasingly important. Unfortunately, many seniors in NYC struggle to access affordable mental health services, including therapy and counseling. One common question we hear at Nao Medical is whether Medicare covers therapists. In this blog post, we’ll explore the answer to that question and provide some tips for seniors looking to access mental health services in NYC.

Does Medicare Cover Therapy?

The short answer is yes, Medicare does cover therapy and counseling services for seniors. However, there are some important caveats to keep in mind. First, Medicare only covers therapy services that are deemed medically necessary. This means that the therapy must be related to a specific mental health diagnosis, such as depression or anxiety. Second, Medicare only covers therapy services provided by licensed mental health professionals who accept Medicare. This includes clinical psychologists, clinical social workers, and licensed professional counselors.

What Types of Therapy Does Medicare Cover?

Medicare covers a range of therapy services, including individual therapy, group therapy, and family therapy. However, it’s important to note that Medicare only covers therapy services that are provided in a clinical setting, such as a therapist’s office or a hospital outpatient department. Medicare does not cover therapy services provided in a patient’s home.

How Much Does Therapy Cost with Medicare?

The cost of therapy with Medicare varies depending on the specific plan you have. In general, Medicare Part B covers 80% of the cost of therapy services, while the patient is responsible for the remaining 20%. However, if you have a Medicare Advantage plan, your out-of-pocket costs may be different. It’s important to check with your specific plan to understand your coverage and costs.

How Can Seniors Access Mental Health Services in NYC?

At Nao Medical, we understand that accessing mental health services can be challenging for seniors in NYC. That’s why we offer affordable and accessible mental health services, including therapy and counseling, for seniors. Our team of licensed mental health professionals accepts Medicare and is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care to our patients. We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and a technologically driven approach with a comprehensive app. If you’re a senior in NYC looking for mental health services, we encourage you to contact us to learn more about how we can help.

Conclusion

Medicare does cover therapy and counseling services for seniors in NYC, but there are some important caveats to keep in mind. It’s important to work with a licensed mental health professional who accepts Medicare and to understand your specific plan’s coverage and costs. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and accessible mental health services for seniors in NYC. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you access the care you need.

FAQs

  • What mental health services does Medicare cover? Medicare covers a range of mental health services, including therapy and counseling services provided by licensed mental health professionals.
  • How much does therapy cost with Medicare? The cost of therapy with Medicare varies depending on your specific plan. In general, Medicare Part B covers 80% of the cost of therapy services, while the patient is responsible for the remaining 20%.
  • Does Nao Medical accept Medicare? Yes, Nao Medical accepts Medicare for our mental health services, including therapy and counseling.
Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao