Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Part B Cover Therapy? Everything You Need to Know

As we age, our mental health becomes increasingly important. Medicare Part B covers many mental health services, including therapy. However, there are some important things to keep in mind when it comes to Medicare coverage for therapy.

What is Medicare Part B?

Medicare Part B is a type of insurance that covers medically necessary services, including mental health services. It is available to people who are 65 or older, as well as those who have certain disabilities or medical conditions.

Does Medicare Part B Cover Therapy?

Yes, Medicare Part B covers therapy services for mental health conditions. This includes individual and group therapy sessions with licensed mental health professionals, such as psychologists, social workers, and counselors.

However, there are some limitations to Medicare coverage for therapy. For example, Medicare only covers therapy services that are considered medically necessary. This means that the therapy must be related to a mental health condition that is diagnosed by a licensed mental health professional.

How Much Does Medicare Part B Cover for Therapy?

Medicare Part B covers 80% of the cost of therapy services for mental health conditions. This means that you will be responsible for paying the remaining 20% of the cost out of pocket, unless you have additional insurance coverage that can help cover this cost.

Where Can I Get Therapy Services Covered by Medicare Part B in NYC?

If you are looking for therapy services covered by Medicare Part B in NYC, Nao Medical is here to help. Our mental health professionals are licensed and experienced in providing therapy services to seniors. We offer affordable and high-quality mental health services, including therapy, to help you maintain your mental health and well-being.

At Nao Medical, we understand that mental health is just as important as physical health. That’s why we offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, exceptional and empathetic staff, stunning clinic environments, a technologically driven approach with a comprehensive app, and extensive after-hours virtual care. Contact us today to learn more about our mental health services and how we can help you.

Conclusion

Medicare Part B covers therapy services for mental health conditions, including individual and group therapy sessions with licensed mental health professionals. However, there are some limitations to Medicare coverage for therapy, and you will be responsible for paying 20% of the cost out of pocket. If you are looking for therapy services covered by Medicare Part B in NYC, Nao Medical is here to help. Contact us today to learn more about our mental health services and how we can assist with your health concerns.

FAQs

What mental health services are covered by Medicare Part B?

Medicare Part B covers many mental health services, including therapy, psychiatric evaluations, and medication management.

How much does Medicare Part B cover for therapy services?

Medicare Part B covers 80% of the cost of therapy services for mental health conditions.

What are the limitations to Medicare coverage for therapy?

Medicare only covers therapy services that are considered medically necessary. This means that the therapy must be related to a mental health condition that is diagnosed by a licensed mental health professional.

Where can I get therapy services covered by Medicare Part B in NYC?

Nao Medical offers therapy services covered by Medicare Part B in NYC. Contact us today to learn more about our mental health services and how we can help you.

Learn more about our therapy services

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao