Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Are Mental Health Services Covered by Medicare in NY? Find Out Now

Medicare is a federal health insurance program that provides coverage for people aged 65 and above, as well as those with certain disabilities or chronic conditions. While Medicare covers a wide range of medical services, many people are unsure whether it covers mental health services.

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of mental health and the need for affordable and quality mental health services. In this blog post, we will answer the question, ‘Are mental health services covered by Medicare in NY?’.

Does Medicare Cover Mental Health Services?

Yes, Medicare covers mental health services. In fact, Medicare covers a wide range of mental health services, including:

  • Outpatient mental health services
  • Inpatient mental health services
  • Partial hospitalization programs
  • Psychiatric evaluation and diagnostic tests
  • Individual and group psychotherapy
  • Family counseling
  • Medication management

However, it is important to note that Medicare coverage for mental health services is subject to certain conditions and limitations.

What Are the Conditions and Limitations?

Medicare covers mental health services only if they are deemed medically necessary. This means that the services must be required to diagnose or treat a mental health condition. Additionally, the services must be provided by a qualified mental health professional who accepts Medicare.

Medicare also limits the number of mental health services that it covers. For outpatient mental health services, Medicare covers up to 80% of the Medicare-approved amount. The remaining 20% is the patient’s responsibility, unless they have supplemental insurance that covers the cost.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and quality mental health services that are covered by Medicare. Our team of mental health professionals includes therapists, psychologists, and psychiatrists who are experienced in treating a wide range of mental health conditions.

We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and exceptional and empathetic staff. Our stunning clinic environments and technologically driven approach with a comprehensive app make it easy for patients to access our services. We also offer extensive after-hours virtual care.

If you or a loved one needs mental health services, book an appointment with Nao Medical today. We are committed to providing the best possible care to our patients.

Conclusion

Medicare covers mental health services, but there are certain conditions and limitations. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and quality mental health services that are covered by Medicare. Book an appointment with us today to get the care you need.

FAQs

1. What mental health services are covered by Medicare?

Medicare covers a wide range of mental health services, including outpatient mental health services, inpatient mental health services, partial hospitalization programs, psychiatric evaluation and diagnostic tests, individual and group psychotherapy, family counseling, and medication management.

2. Does Medicare cover all mental health services?

No, Medicare covers only those mental health services that are deemed medically necessary and provided by a qualified mental health professional who accepts Medicare.

3. How much does Medicare cover for mental health services?

For outpatient mental health services, Medicare covers up to 80% of the Medicare-approved amount. The remaining 20% is the patient’s responsibility, unless they have supplemental insurance that covers the cost.

References

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao