Understanding Deductible Plans and How They Work
A deductible is the amount of money you have to pay out of pocket before your insurance coverage kicks in. This means that if you have a deductible of $1,000, you’ll have to pay the first $1,000 of your medical expenses before your insurance coverage begins.
There are different types of insurance plans with deductibles, including high deductible health plans (HDHPs), preferred provider organizations (PPOs), health maintenance organizations (HMOs), and exclusive provider organizations (EPOs).
- High Deductible Health Plans (HDHPs) are plans with higher deductibles and lower monthly premiums. They are typically paired with health savings accounts (HSAs), which allow you to save pre-tax dollars to pay for medical expenses.
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs) are plans that allow you to choose from a network of providers, but may charge higher fees for out-of-network care.
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) are plans that require you to choose a primary care physician and only seek care within the network. Out-of-network care is typically not covered.
- Exclusive Provider Organizations (EPOs) are plans that require you to choose a network provider and only seek care within that network. Out-of-network care is typically not covered.
How Choosing Nao Medical for Urgent Care Services Can Help You Save Money
If you have a deductible plan, you may be wondering how you can save money on medical expenses. One way to save is by choosing an affordable urgent care center like Nao Medical for your medical needs.
At Nao Medical, we offer affordable urgent care services that can help you save money on out-of-pocket expenses. By choosing us for your urgent care needs, you can avoid costly emergency room visits and hospital stays, which can result in significant savings over time.
In addition, our charges and contracted payments that get applied to your deductible are much lower as compared to big chain urgent care centers. This means that your out-of-pocket expenses will be significantly lower, especially when you consider that the charges for visits to Big Chain Urgent Care Centers can range between $180-260 dollars. Your visit to Nao Medical will result in lower costs to you if you have an insurance plan that has a high deductible that you are responsible for paying.
By choosing Nao Medical for your urgent care needs, you can save money on your deductible and other medical expenses. Our experienced medical professionals are dedicated to providing high-quality care, personalized attention, and compassionate service to our patients.
Other Ways to Save on Your Deductible
In addition to choosing an affordable urgent care center, there are other ways you can save on your deductible, including:
- Choosing generic medications instead of brand-name medications
- Comparing prices for medical procedures and services
- Asking for discounts or payment plans for medical bills
- Using a health savings account (HSA) to save pre-tax dollars for medical expenses
Understanding deductible plans and how they work can be confusing, but it’s important to know your coverage and how you can save money on medical expenses. Choosing an affordable urgent care center like Nao Medical can help you save money on your deductible and other medical expenses, while still receiving high-quality care.
By taking advantage of these cost-saving measures and making informed decisions about your medical care, you can ensure that you’re getting the care you need while also staying within your budget. Contact Nao Medical today to schedule an appointment or walk-in for urgent medical care services. We are here to help you get the care you need at an affordable price.