Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover a Psychologist? Find Out Here

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers many medical services, including mental health services. But does Medicare cover a psychologist? The answer is yes, but with some limitations.

What Does Medicare Cover for Mental Health?

Medicare Part B covers mental health services, including therapy and counseling, provided by a licensed psychologist or other mental health professional. These services are covered at 80% of the Medicare-approved amount, and you are responsible for the remaining 20%.

Medicare also covers inpatient mental health care in a psychiatric hospital, but there are limitations on the number of days covered. Medicare Part A covers up to 190 days of inpatient psychiatric hospital care in a lifetime.

What Are the Limitations?

While Medicare covers mental health services, there are some limitations to be aware of. For example, Medicare only covers services that are deemed medically necessary. This means that if you are seeking therapy for general life issues, such as stress or relationship problems, it may not be covered by Medicare.

Additionally, Medicare only covers services provided by licensed psychologists or other mental health professionals who accept Medicare assignment. This means that the provider agrees to accept the Medicare-approved amount as full payment for the service.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of mental health and offer a range of mental health services, including therapy and counseling, covered by Medicare. Our team of licensed psychologists and mental health professionals provide compassionate care and personalized treatment plans to help you achieve your mental health goals.

Our approach extends beyond focusing solely on the immediate mental health issues patients present. We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, exceptional and empathetic staff, stunning clinic environments, a technologically driven approach with a comprehensive app, and extensive after-hours virtual care.

Conclusion

Medicare does cover a psychologist, but with some limitations. It’s important to understand what is covered and what is not before seeking mental health services. At Nao Medical, we offer mental health services covered by Medicare and provide exceptional care to help you achieve your mental health goals. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

FAQs

What mental health services are covered by Medicare?

Medicare Part B covers mental health services, including therapy and counseling, provided by a licensed psychologist or other mental health professional.

What are the limitations of Medicare coverage for mental health?

Medicare only covers services that are deemed medically necessary and provided by licensed psychologists or other mental health professionals who accept Medicare assignment.

Does Nao Medical offer mental health services covered by Medicare?

Yes, Nao Medical offers mental health services, including therapy and counseling, covered by Medicare. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao