Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychiatric Care? Find Out Here

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Unfortunately, many seniors struggle to access affordable and quality psychiatric care. This is where Medicare comes in. But does Medicare cover psychiatric care? Let’s find out.

What is Medicare?

Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people aged 65 and older, as well as younger people with certain disabilities or medical conditions. It is divided into four parts:

  • Part A: Hospital insurance
  • Part B: Medical insurance
  • Part C: Medicare Advantage plans
  • Part D: Prescription drug coverage

Does Medicare Cover Psychiatric Care?

Yes, Medicare covers psychiatric care. Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including:

  • Individual and group therapy
  • Psychiatric evaluation
  • Medication management
  • Diagnostic tests
  • Partial hospitalization programs

However, there are some limitations to Medicare coverage for psychiatric care. For example, Medicare only covers 80% of the cost of outpatient mental health services, leaving the patient responsible for the remaining 20%. Additionally, Medicare does not cover long-term inpatient psychiatric care.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of affordable and quality mental health services. That’s why we offer a range of psychiatric care services, including therapy, medication management, and psychiatric evaluation. We accept Medicare and work with patients to ensure they receive the care they need at a price they can afford.

Our team of mental health professionals is dedicated to providing compassionate and effective care to patients of all ages. We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and a comprehensive app for easy communication with your provider. Our stunning clinic environments and empathetic staff create a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere for all patients.

Book an Appointment Today

If you or a loved one is struggling with mental health issues, don’t hesitate to seek help. Nao Medical is here to provide the care and support you need. Book an appointment today at our mental health services page: https://www.naomedical.com/services/mental-health/therapists-psychologists/.

FAQs

What is Medicare?

Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people aged 65 and older, as well as younger people with certain disabilities or medical conditions.

What mental health services does Medicare cover?

Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including individual and group therapy, psychiatric evaluation, medication management, diagnostic tests, and partial hospitalization programs.

Does Medicare cover long-term inpatient psychiatric care?

No, Medicare does not cover long-term inpatient psychiatric care.

Does Nao Medical accept Medicare?

Yes, Nao Medical accepts Medicare and works with patients to ensure they receive the care they need at a price they can afford.

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao