Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychiatric Treatment? Find Out Here

Does Medicare Cover Psychiatric Treatment? Find Out Here

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Unfortunately, many seniors struggle to access affordable mental health services. This is where Medicare comes in. But does Medicare cover psychiatric treatment?

The answer is yes. Medicare covers a range of mental health services, including psychiatric treatment. This includes visits with psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, and clinical social workers. However, there are some limitations to what is covered.

What Does Medicare Cover?

  • Outpatient mental health services, including visits with psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, and clinical social workers
  • Inpatient mental health care in a psychiatric hospital
  • Partial hospitalization programs
  • Diagnostic tests
  • Family counseling (if it is part of your treatment)

It is important to note that Medicare only covers 80% of the cost of mental health services. You will be responsible for the remaining 20%. However, if you have a Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy, it may cover some or all of the remaining costs.

What Are the Limitations?

While Medicare covers a range of mental health services, there are some limitations to what is covered. For example, Medicare does not cover:

  • Marriage counseling
  • Psychological testing (except in certain cases)
  • Custodial care
  • Prescription drugs (except those administered during inpatient treatment)

It is also important to note that Medicare only covers mental health services that are deemed medically necessary. This means that you must have a mental health condition that requires treatment in order for Medicare to cover the cost.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of affordable and quality mental health services. That’s why we offer a range of mental health services, including therapy and counseling, medication management, and more. Our team of experienced mental health professionals is dedicated to helping you achieve optimal mental health and wellbeing.

If you have Medicare and are looking for affordable and quality mental health services in NYC, look no further than Nao Medical. Book an appointment today and take the first step towards better mental health.

Conclusion

Medicare does cover psychiatric treatment, but there are some limitations to what is covered. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and quality mental health services to seniors in NYC. Book an appointment today and take the first step towards better mental health.

FAQs

What mental health services does Medicare cover?

Medicare covers a range of mental health services, including visits with psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, and clinical social workers, inpatient mental health care in a psychiatric hospital, partial hospitalization programs, diagnostic tests, and family counseling (if it is part of your treatment).

What are the limitations of Medicare coverage for mental health services?

Medicare does not cover marriage counseling, psychological testing (except in certain cases), custodial care, or prescription drugs (except those administered during inpatient treatment). Medicare also only covers mental health services that are deemed medically necessary.

Does Nao Medical accept Medicare?

Yes, Nao Medical accepts Medicare. We offer a range of mental health services, including therapy and counseling, medication management, and more. Book an appointment today and take the first step towards better mental health.

Learn more about our mental health services

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao