Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychiatrist Visits in NYC

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers many medical services, but does it cover visits to a psychiatrist? The answer is yes, but with some limitations.

What Does Medicare Cover for Psychiatrist Visits?

Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including visits to a psychiatrist or other mental health professional. This includes diagnostic assessments, medication management, and individual or group therapy sessions. However, there are some limitations to this coverage:

  • Medicare only covers 80% of the cost of mental health services, leaving the patient responsible for the remaining 20%.
  • Medicare only covers services that are deemed medically necessary, meaning they must be related to a diagnosed mental health condition.
  • Medicare only covers services provided by mental health professionals who accept Medicare assignment, meaning they agree to accept the Medicare-approved amount as full payment for their services.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of affordable and accessible mental health services. Our team of mental health professionals accepts Medicare assignment and offers same-day appointments with minimal wait times. We provide comprehensive mental health services, including therapy, medication management, and diagnostic assessments. Our empathetic staff and stunning clinic environments create a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for our patients.

Don’t let cost or accessibility prevent you from seeking the mental health care you need. Contact Nao Medical today to schedule an appointment and learn more about our affordable mental health services.

Frequently Asked Questions

Does Medicare cover all mental health services?

No, Medicare only covers services that are deemed medically necessary and provided by mental health professionals who accept Medicare assignment.

What is Medicare assignment?

Medicare assignment is when a healthcare provider agrees to accept the Medicare-approved amount as full payment for their services.

What mental health services does Nao Medical offer?

Nao Medical offers comprehensive mental health services, including therapy, medication management, and diagnostic assessments.

Key Takeaways

  • Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including visits to a psychiatrist or other mental health professional.
  • Medicare only covers 80% of the cost of mental health services, leaving the patient responsible for the remaining 20%.
  • Medicare only covers services that are deemed medically necessary and provided by mental health professionals who accept Medicare assignment.
  • Nao Medical offers affordable and accessible mental health services, including therapy, medication management, and diagnostic assessments.

Call to Action: Contact Nao Medical today to schedule an appointment and learn more about our affordable mental health services. Click here to learn more.

Sources: https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/mental-health-care-outpatient

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao