Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychological Therapy? Find Out Here

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers many medical services, including psychological therapy. However, there are some limitations to what is covered.

What Does Medicare Cover?

Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including psychological therapy. This includes individual and group therapy sessions with a licensed mental health professional. Medicare covers 80% of the cost of these services, and you are responsible for the remaining 20%.

What Are the Limitations?

Medicare has some limitations on what is covered for psychological therapy. For example, Medicare only covers therapy sessions that are considered medically necessary. This means that the therapy must be for the treatment of a mental health condition, such as depression or anxiety. Additionally, Medicare only covers therapy sessions with licensed mental health professionals who accept Medicare assignment.

What About Medicare Advantage Plans?

Medicare Advantage plans are offered by private insurance companies and provide the same coverage as Original Medicare, but may also offer additional benefits. Some Medicare Advantage plans may offer more comprehensive coverage for psychological therapy, such as covering more than 80% of the cost or offering a larger number of therapy sessions.

Get Quality and Affordable Psychological Therapy at Nao Medical

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of mental health and offer affordable and quality psychological therapy services. Our licensed mental health professionals accept Medicare assignment and provide individual and group therapy sessions. We also offer virtual therapy sessions for your convenience. Book an appointment today and take the first step towards better mental health.

Conclusion

Medicare does cover psychological therapy, but there are some limitations to what is covered. It’s important to understand what is covered and what is not before seeking therapy services. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and quality psychological therapy services that are covered by Medicare. Book an appointment today and take the first step towards better mental health.

FAQs

Does Medicare cover all types of psychological therapy?

No, Medicare only covers therapy sessions that are considered medically necessary for the treatment of a mental health condition.

What is the cost of psychological therapy with Medicare?

Medicare covers 80% of the cost of psychological therapy, and you are responsible for the remaining 20%.

Does Nao Medical accept Medicare assignment?

Yes, our licensed mental health professionals accept Medicare assignment.

Does Nao Medical offer virtual therapy sessions?

Yes, we offer virtual therapy sessions for your convenience.

Call to Action

Book an appointment for psychological therapy at Nao Medical today and take the first step towards better mental health. Visit our mental health services page to learn more.

Sources: https://www.medicare.gov/coverage/mental-health-care-outpatient, https://www.medicare.gov/what-medicare-covers/what-part-a-covers/mental-health-inpatient-care

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao