Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychologist Services in NYC? Find Out Now

Are you a Medicare beneficiary in NYC and wondering if your plan covers psychologist services? You’re not alone. Mental health is just as important as physical health, and it’s essential to have access to quality care when you need it. In this blog post, we’ll explore whether Medicare covers psychologist services in NYC and how Nao Medical can assist with your mental health concerns.

Does Medicare Cover Psychologist Services?

Yes, Medicare does cover psychologist services, but there are some limitations. Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including visits with a psychologist or other mental health provider. However, you’ll need to meet certain criteria to qualify for coverage.

  • You must have a mental health condition that’s diagnosed by a doctor.
  • You must receive services from a provider who accepts Medicare assignment.
  • You must pay the Part B deductible and coinsurance.

It’s also worth noting that Medicare only covers 80% of the Medicare-approved amount for mental health services. You’ll be responsible for the remaining 20%, unless you have a Medigap or other supplemental insurance policy that covers these costs.

How Nao Medical Can Help

At Nao Medical, we understand that navigating the healthcare system can be overwhelming, especially when it comes to mental health services. That’s why we offer a range of mental health services, including therapy and counseling, to help you manage your mental health concerns.

Our team of licensed psychologists and mental health professionals are here to provide you with the care and support you need. We accept Medicare and most major insurance plans, and we offer affordable self-pay options for those without insurance.

With our same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and comprehensive app, we make it easy to get the care you need when you need it. Plus, our stunning clinic environments and exceptional staff provide a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for all of our patients.

Conclusion

If you’re a Medicare beneficiary in NYC and wondering if your plan covers psychologist services, the answer is yes. However, there are some limitations and out-of-pocket costs to consider. At Nao Medical, we’re here to help you navigate the healthcare system and get the care you need. Contact us today to schedule an appointment or learn more about our mental health services.

FAQs

What mental health services does Medicare cover?

Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including visits with a psychologist or other mental health provider. This includes individual and group therapy, as well as medication management.

What is the Medicare-approved amount for mental health services?

The Medicare-approved amount for mental health services varies depending on the service and the provider. Medicare only covers 80% of the Medicare-approved amount, and you’ll be responsible for the remaining 20% unless you have a Medigap or other supplemental insurance policy that covers these costs.

Does Nao Medical accept Medicare?

Yes, Nao Medical accepts Medicare and most major insurance plans. We also offer affordable self-pay options for those without insurance.

How do I schedule an appointment with a psychologist at Nao Medical?

You can schedule an appointment with a psychologist at Nao Medical by calling us at (123) 456-7890 or using our online booking system.

Learn more about our psychologists and therapists
Visit our mental health services page

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao