Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychologists? Everything You Need to Know

Does Medicare Cover Psychologists? Everything You Need to Know

As we age, our mental health becomes increasingly important. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers many medical services, including mental health care. But does Medicare cover psychologists? The answer is yes, but with some caveats.

What Does Medicare Cover for Mental Health?

Medicare Part B covers mental health services, including therapy and counseling, provided by licensed psychologists and other mental health professionals. These services are covered at 80% of the Medicare-approved amount, and you are responsible for the remaining 20%.

Medicare also covers inpatient mental health care in a psychiatric hospital, but there are limits on the number of days covered. Medicare Part A covers inpatient hospital stays, including mental health care, but you will still be responsible for deductibles and coinsurance.

What Are the Requirements for Medicare Coverage?

To be eligible for Medicare coverage for mental health services, you must meet certain requirements:

  • You must be enrolled in Medicare Part B
  • You must have a mental health condition that is diagnosed by a doctor
  • You must receive treatment from a licensed mental health professional who accepts Medicare

If you meet these requirements, Medicare will cover 80% of the cost of your mental health services.

What Mental Health Services Does Nao Medical Offer?

Nao Medical offers a range of mental health services, including therapy and counseling, provided by licensed psychologists and other mental health professionals. Our approach is patient-centered, and we work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that meets your unique needs.

We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, exceptional and empathetic staff, stunning clinic environments, a technologically driven approach with a comprehensive app, and extensive after-hours virtual care. Our mental health services are covered by Medicare, so you can get the care you need without worrying about the cost.

Conclusion

If you’re enrolled in Medicare and have a mental health condition, you may be eligible for coverage for mental health services, including therapy and counseling, provided by licensed psychologists and other mental health professionals. Nao Medical offers a range of mental health services that are covered by Medicare, so you can get the care you need without worrying about the cost. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.

FAQs

Does Medicare cover therapy and counseling?

Yes, Medicare Part B covers therapy and counseling provided by licensed mental health professionals, including psychologists.

What is the cost of mental health services covered by Medicare?

Medicare covers 80% of the Medicare-approved amount for mental health services, and you are responsible for the remaining 20%. However, if you have a Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy, it may cover some or all of the remaining costs.

What mental health conditions are covered by Medicare?

Medicare covers mental health conditions that are diagnosed by a doctor, including depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder.

Does Nao Medical accept Medicare?

Yes, Nao Medical accepts Medicare for mental health services, including therapy and counseling provided by licensed psychologists and other mental health professionals.

Learn more about our mental health services

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao