Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychotherapy? Everything You Need to Know

Does Medicare Cover Psychotherapy?

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Medicare recognizes this and offers coverage for psychotherapy services. However, there are some important things to keep in mind when it comes to Medicare coverage for psychotherapy.

What is Psychotherapy?

Psychotherapy, also known as talk therapy, is a form of mental health treatment that involves talking with a licensed mental health professional to help manage and treat mental health conditions. Psychotherapy can be done one-on-one, in a group, or with family members.

What Does Medicare Cover?

Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including psychotherapy. This means that Medicare will cover 80% of the cost of psychotherapy sessions with a licensed mental health professional. You will be responsible for the remaining 20% of the cost.

It’s important to note that Medicare only covers psychotherapy services that are deemed medically necessary. This means that the therapy must be for the treatment of a mental health condition that has been diagnosed by a licensed mental health professional.

What Types of Psychotherapy Does Medicare Cover?

Medicare covers a variety of psychotherapy services, including:

  • Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
  • Interpersonal therapy (IPT)
  • Psychodynamic therapy
  • Group therapy
  • Family therapy

It’s important to note that Medicare does not cover all types of therapy, such as hypnotherapy or art therapy.

How to Get Started with Psychotherapy Services at Nao Medical

If you’re interested in starting psychotherapy services at Nao Medical, we’re here to help. Our licensed mental health professionals offer affordable and high-quality mental health services, including psychotherapy. We accept Medicare and offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and exceptional and empathetic staff. Our stunning clinic environments and technologically driven approach with a comprehensive app make it easy to access the care you need.

Book an appointment today by visiting our mental health services page or calling us at (123) 456-7890.

Key Takeaways

  • Medicare covers outpatient mental health services, including psychotherapy.
  • Medicare covers 80% of the cost of psychotherapy sessions with a licensed mental health professional.
  • Psychotherapy services must be deemed medically necessary to be covered by Medicare.
  • Medicare covers a variety of psychotherapy services, including CBT, IPT, psychodynamic therapy, group therapy, and family therapy.
  • Nao Medical offers affordable and high-quality mental health services, including psychotherapy. Book an appointment today!
Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao