Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychiatric Counseling in NY? Find Out Now

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Medicare is a federal health insurance program that covers a wide range of medical services, including mental health services. But does Medicare cover psychiatric counseling in NY?

The answer is yes. Medicare covers psychiatric counseling in NY, but there are some limitations. Let’s take a closer look at what Medicare covers and what you can expect when seeking psychiatric counseling in NY.

What Does Medicare Cover?

Medicare covers a range of mental health services, including:

  • Diagnostic evaluations
  • Individual and group therapy
  • Family counseling
  • Medication management
  • Partial hospitalization
  • Inpatient psychiatric hospitalization

It’s important to note that Medicare only covers mental health services that are deemed medically necessary. This means that the services must be necessary to diagnose or treat a mental illness. Additionally, Medicare only covers services provided by a licensed mental health professional who accepts Medicare.

What Are the Limitations?

While Medicare covers psychiatric counseling in NY, there are some limitations to be aware of. For example, Medicare only covers 80% of the cost of outpatient mental health services. This means that you will be responsible for the remaining 20% of the cost, unless you have supplemental insurance.

Additionally, there are limits to the number of therapy sessions that Medicare will cover. In general, Medicare covers up to 80% of the cost of up to 20 therapy sessions per year. However, if your mental health professional determines that you need additional sessions, Medicare may cover more.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of affordable and quality mental health services. That’s why we offer a range of mental health services, including psychiatric counseling, at an affordable price. Our team of licensed mental health professionals accepts Medicare, so you can rest assured that you will receive the care you need.

Our approach to mental health extends beyond focusing solely on the immediate mental health issues patients present. We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, exceptional and empathetic staff, stunning clinic environments, a technologically driven approach with a comprehensive app, and extensive after-hours virtual care.

If you’re looking for affordable and quality psychiatric counseling in NY, look no further than Nao Medical. Book an appointment today and take the first step towards better mental health.

Conclusion

Medicare covers psychiatric counseling in NY, but there are some limitations to be aware of. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and quality mental health services, including psychiatric counseling, to help you get the care you need. Book an appointment today and take the first step towards better mental health.

FAQs

Does Medicare cover all mental health services?

No, Medicare only covers mental health services that are deemed medically necessary.

What is the cost of psychiatric counseling at Nao Medical?

At Nao Medical, we offer affordable psychiatric counseling services. The cost of your session will depend on your insurance coverage and other factors. Contact us today to learn more.

What should I expect during my first psychiatric counseling session?

During your first psychiatric counseling session, your mental health professional will ask you questions about your mental health history and current symptoms. They may also ask you about your medical history and any medications you are taking. This information will help them develop a treatment plan that is tailored to your needs.

Call to Action

Don’t let cost be a barrier to getting the mental health care you need. Book an appointment with Nao Medical today and take the first step towards better mental health.

Learn more about our psychiatric counseling services.

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao