Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychiatry? Understanding Mental Health Coverage for Seniors in NYC

As we age, our mental health becomes increasingly important. Unfortunately, many seniors in NYC struggle to access affordable mental health care services. One common question we receive at Nao Medical is whether Medicare covers psychiatry. In this blog post, we’ll explore the answer to that question and provide some helpful information for seniors seeking mental health care services in NYC.

Does Medicare Cover Psychiatry?

Yes, Medicare does cover psychiatry and other mental health services. However, there are some important things to keep in mind:

  • Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including visits with psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, and clinical social workers.
  • Medicare Part A covers inpatient mental health care in a psychiatric hospital.
  • Medicare Advantage plans also cover mental health services, but coverage may vary depending on the plan.

It’s important to note that Medicare coverage for mental health services is subject to certain limitations and restrictions. For example, Medicare only covers 80% of the cost of outpatient mental health services, leaving patients responsible for the remaining 20%. Additionally, Medicare only covers a certain number of therapy sessions per year, and patients may need to meet certain criteria to qualify for coverage.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand that navigating the healthcare system can be overwhelming, especially for seniors. That’s why we offer affordable and high-quality mental health care services, including psychiatry, therapy, and counseling. Our team of experienced mental health professionals is dedicated to providing compassionate and personalized care to each of our patients.

In addition to our in-person services, we also offer virtual care options, including teletherapy and virtual psychiatry appointments. This allows our patients to access the care they need from the comfort of their own homes.

Conclusion

If you’re a senior in NYC seeking mental health care services, it’s important to understand your Medicare coverage options. While Medicare does cover psychiatry and other mental health services, there are limitations and restrictions to keep in mind. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and high-quality mental health care services to help seniors access the care they need. Contact us today to learn more or schedule an appointment.

FAQs

What mental health services does Medicare cover?

Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including visits with psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, and clinical social workers. Medicare Part A covers inpatient mental health care in a psychiatric hospital. Medicare Advantage plans also cover mental health services, but coverage may vary depending on the plan.

Does Medicare cover the cost of therapy?

Yes, Medicare covers the cost of therapy, but patients are responsible for 20% of the cost of outpatient mental health services. Additionally, Medicare only covers a certain number of therapy sessions per year, and patients may need to meet certain criteria to qualify for coverage.

Does Nao Medical offer virtual mental health care services?

Yes, Nao Medical offers virtual mental health care services, including teletherapy and virtual psychiatry appointments. This allows our patients to access the care they need from the comfort of their own homes.

Learn more about our mental health care services

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao