Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychologists? Understanding Mental Health Coverage for Seniors in NYC

As we age, our mental health becomes increasingly important. Unfortunately, many seniors in NYC struggle to access affordable and high-quality mental health care. One common question we hear at Nao Medical is whether Medicare covers psychologists. In this blog post, we’ll explore the answer to that question and provide some tips for seniors looking to access mental health care in NYC.

Does Medicare Cover Psychologists?

The short answer is yes, Medicare does cover psychologists. However, there are some important details to keep in mind. First, Medicare Part B (medical insurance) covers outpatient mental health services, including visits with psychologists and other mental health professionals. This coverage includes diagnostic assessments, individual and group therapy, and medication management.

It’s worth noting that Medicare Part B only covers 80% of the cost of mental health services. This means that seniors will be responsible for the remaining 20% of the cost, unless they have supplemental insurance or Medicaid. Additionally, seniors will need to meet their Part B deductible before Medicare will start covering their mental health services.

How to Access Mental Health Care with Medicare in NYC

Now that we know that Medicare covers psychologists, how can seniors in NYC access mental health care? Here are a few tips:

  • Find a mental health provider who accepts Medicare. You can use Medicare’s provider directory to search for providers in your area.
  • Consider telehealth options. Many mental health providers now offer virtual appointments, which can be a convenient and safe option for seniors.
  • Ask about sliding scale fees. Some mental health providers offer reduced fees for seniors who are on a fixed income.

Get Affordable and High-Quality Mental Health Care at Nao Medical

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of accessible and affordable mental health care for seniors in NYC. That’s why we offer a range of mental health services, including therapy and medication management, at our state-of-the-art clinics. We accept Medicare and offer sliding scale fees for seniors who need financial assistance. Plus, our compassionate and experienced mental health professionals are dedicated to providing the highest quality care to every patient.

If you’re a senior in NYC who is struggling with mental health issues, don’t hesitate to reach out to Nao Medical. We’re here to help.

Frequently Asked Questions

What mental health services does Medicare cover?

Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including visits with psychologists and other mental health professionals. This coverage includes diagnostic assessments, individual and group therapy, and medication management.

Does Medicare cover the full cost of mental health services?

No, Medicare only covers 80% of the cost of mental health services. Seniors will be responsible for the remaining 20% of the cost, unless they have supplemental insurance or Medicaid.

Does Nao Medical accept Medicare?

Yes, Nao Medical accepts Medicare and offers sliding scale fees for seniors who need financial assistance.

Conclusion

Seniors in NYC who are struggling with mental health issues deserve access to affordable and high-quality care. Medicare does cover psychologists and other mental health professionals, but seniors will need to meet their Part B deductible and may be responsible for 20% of the cost of services. At Nao Medical, we offer a range of mental health services and accept Medicare, making it easier for seniors to access the care they need. Contact us today to learn more.

Learn more about our mental health services for seniors in NYC.

Sources:

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao