What is a Civil Surgeon and What Services Do They Provide?
If you’re planning to immigrate to the United States, you may have heard of the term “Civil Surgeon” and wondered what it means. In this blog post, we’ll explain the role of Civil Surgeons, their involvement in immigration medical exams, and the services they provide.
Who is a Civil Surgeon?
A Civil Surgeon is a medical professional designated by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to perform medical exams for immigrants applying for adjustment of status or seeking an immigrant visa. Civil Surgeons must be licensed and registered in the state where they practice and comply with the USCIS requirements and guidelines.
What is an Immigration Medical Exam?
An Immigration Medical Exam is a mandatory health assessment that all immigrants are required to undergo as part of the immigration process. The exam is designed to ensure that the applicant is not carrying any communicable diseases that could pose a public health threat to the U.S. population. The exam includes a physical examination, blood test, and screening for tuberculosis, syphilis, and other diseases.
What Services Do Civil Surgeons Provide?
Civil Surgeons provide a range of services related to immigration medical exams, including:
- Conducting a comprehensive medical examination of the applicant, including a review of their medical history and vaccination records.
- Administering the necessary tests and screenings required by the USCIS.
- Completing the required medical forms and providing the applicant with a sealed envelope containing their medical records and exam results.
- Providing necessary vaccinations to meet the vaccination requirements set by the USCIS.
Why Choose Nao Medical for Your Immigration Medical Exam?
At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of a smooth and stress-free immigration process. That’s why we offer affordable and reliable services for immigration medical exams conducted by experienced and licensed Civil Surgeons. Our services include:
- Short wait times and convenient appointment scheduling.
- Access to your health records through our tech platform.
- A team of caring and dedicated staff committed to providing whole-body and mind care.
- Acceptance of a variety of insurances to help make healthcare accessible to all.
- Telemedicine and after-hours services to provide care when and where you need it.
- Integration into the community to ensure we provide the best service possible.
- Q: What documents should I bring to my immigration medical exam?
- A: You should bring a valid photo ID, vaccination records, and any medical records that may be relevant to your exam.
- Q: Can I choose any doctor to perform my immigration medical exam?
- A: No, you must choose a Civil Surgeon who is authorized by the USCIS to conduct immigration medical exams.
- Q: How much does an immigration medical exam cost?
- A: The cost of an immigration medical exam varies depending on the provider and location. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable pricing for our services.
In conclusion, a Civil Surgeon is a licensed medical professional authorized by the USCIS to perform immigration medical exams for individuals applying for adjustment of status or seeking an immigrant visa. They provide a range of services related to the exam, including a comprehensive medical examination, necessary tests and screenings, completion of required medical forms, and provision of necessary vaccinations.
At Nao Medical, we offer affordable and reliable services for immigration medical exams conducted by experienced and licensed Civil Surgeons. We understand the importance of a smooth and stress-free immigration process and are committed to providing high-quality, accessible healthcare to all.