Are you planning to immigrate to the United States? One of the most important steps in the immigration process is obtaining a U.S. immigration medical exam, which is required by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). This exam is necessary to ensure that you are in good health and do not pose a public health risk to others. To complete this exam, you will need to visit an immigration doctor.
What is an Immigration Doctor?
An immigration doctor is a medical professional who is authorized by USCIS to perform immigration medical exams. This doctor has specific knowledge of the immigration medical exam requirements and knows how to properly complete the required forms and documentation.
Why Do You Need an Immigration Doctor?
There are several reasons why you need an immigration doctor for your U.S. immigration medical exam:
- USCIS requires it: USCIS requires all immigrants to complete a medical exam as part of the immigration process. This exam must be conducted by a qualified immigration doctor.
- Specialized knowledge: An immigration doctor has specialized knowledge of the immigration medical exam requirements, including the specific tests and vaccinations that are required.
- Proper documentation: An immigration doctor knows how to properly complete the required forms and documentation for the exam.
- Prevention of delays: Visiting an immigration doctor can help prevent delays in your immigration process. If your medical exam is not completed properly or if you do not provide the required documentation, your immigration application may be delayed or denied.
What to Expect During Your Immigration Medical Exam
During your immigration medical exam, an immigration doctor will perform a physical examination and review your medical history. The doctor will also perform any required tests and vaccinations, such as a tuberculosis test or the MMR vaccine. The entire exam usually takes about two hours to complete.
How Nao Medical Can Help
Nao Medical provides comprehensive immigration medical exams to help you achieve your immigration goals. Our experienced immigration doctors are authorized by USCIS to perform immigration medical exams and have specialized knowledge of the requirements. We also provide all necessary vaccinations and tests, including tuberculosis tests and MMR vaccines.
At Nao Medical, we understand that the immigration process can be complex and stressful. That’s why we are committed to providing high quality, affordable care to help make the process as smooth as possible. We offer short wait times, caring staff, beautifully designed clinics, and a tech-focused approach to healthcare, including access to all health records through our tech platform.
What documents do I need to bring to my immigration medical exam?
- Government-issued photo identification (such as a passport or driver’s license)
- Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record
- Any relevant medical records, such as records of vaccinations or previous surgeries
How much does an immigration medical exam cost?
The cost of an immigration medical exam varies depending on the provider and location. At Nao Medical, we offer affordable immigration medical exams. Please contact us for more information on pricing.
What happens if I test positive for a communicable disease?
If you test positive for a communicable disease during your immigration medical exam, you may be required to undergo treatment and/or provide additional documentation to USCIS. Our immigration doctors can provide guidance on what steps you need to take.
Do I need to schedule an appointment for my immigration medical exam?
Yes, it is recommended that you schedule an appointment for your immigration medical exam. At Nao Medical, you can easily book your appointment online or by phone.
If you are planning to immigrate to the United States, it is important to complete a U.S. immigration medical exam with a qualified immigration doctor. This exam is required by USCIS to ensure that you are in good health and do not pose a public health risk to others. At Nao Medical, we offer comprehensive immigration medical exams to help you achieve your immigration goals. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.
Disclaimer: This blog post is for informational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Please consult a qualified healthcare provider for medical advice and treatment.
We hope that this blog post has provided you with valuable information on the importance of visiting an immigration doctor for your U.S. immigration medical exam. At Nao Medical, we are committed to providing high quality, affordable care to our patients, including those who are navigating the immigration process. Contact us today to schedule your immigration medical exam and take the next step towards achieving your immigration goals.