Nao Medical After Hours service is currently available! Make an Appointment

Does Medicare Cover Psychiatric Treatment in NY? Find Out Now

As we age, our mental health becomes just as important as our physical health. Unfortunately, many seniors in NY struggle to access affordable and quality psychiatric treatment due to financial constraints. This is where Medicare comes in. But does Medicare cover psychiatric treatment in NY?

The answer is yes. Medicare Part B covers outpatient mental health services, including psychiatric treatment, therapy, and counseling. However, there are some limitations to this coverage.

What Does Medicare Cover?

  • Diagnostic evaluations
  • Individual and group therapy sessions
  • Family counseling (if it’s part of your treatment)
  • Medication management
  • Occupational therapy
  • Partial hospitalization programs
  • Psychiatric evaluation and diagnostic tests
  • Screening for depression and other mental health conditions

It’s important to note that Medicare only covers 80% of the cost of these services. You’ll be responsible for the remaining 20%, which can add up quickly. Additionally, Medicare only covers services that are deemed medically necessary. This means that if you’re seeking treatment for a non-medical issue, such as relationship problems or stress, Medicare may not cover it.

How Can Nao Medical Help?

At Nao Medical, we understand the importance of affordable and quality mental health services. That’s why we offer a range of mental health services, including therapy, counseling, and medication management. Our team of experienced mental health professionals is dedicated to providing compassionate and personalized care to each of our patients.

Our mental health services are covered by Medicare, and we also offer a sliding fee scale for patients who are uninsured or underinsured. We believe that everyone deserves access to quality mental health care, regardless of their financial situation.

Book an Appointment Today

If you’re struggling with a mental health issue and need help, don’t hesitate to reach out to Nao Medical. We offer same-day appointments, minimal wait times, and exceptional and empathetic staff. Our stunning clinic environments and technologically driven approach with a comprehensive app make accessing mental health care easy and convenient. Contact us today to book an appointment or learn more about our mental health services.

Frequently Asked Questions

What is Medicare?

Medicare is a federal health insurance program for people who are 65 or older, as well as for people with certain disabilities or chronic conditions.

What is Medicare Part B?

Medicare Part B is the part of Medicare that covers outpatient medical services, including mental health services.

What is a sliding fee scale?

A sliding fee scale is a payment model that adjusts the cost of services based on a patient’s income and ability to pay.

Key Takeaways

  • Medicare covers outpatient mental health services, including psychiatric treatment, therapy, and counseling.
  • Medicare only covers 80% of the cost of these services, and you’ll be responsible for the remaining 20%.
  • Medicare only covers services that are deemed medically necessary.
  • Nao Medical offers affordable and quality mental health services that are covered by Medicare.
  • We also offer a sliding fee scale for patients who are uninsured or underinsured.

Call to Action

Don’t let financial constraints prevent you from accessing the mental health care you need. Contact Nao Medical today to book an appointment or learn more about our mental health services. We’re here to help.

Learn more about our mental health services

Let us help you with this nao

Disclaimer: The information presented in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered, construed or interpreted as legal or professional advice, guidance or opinion.

Book an appointment with one of our therapists today.

Let us help you with this nao